Pages

0

Dinner at Sweet Tomatoes

First off, I understand that I got the whole concept mixed up. I'm not good at superstitions.

So we were eating at Sweet Tomatoes when my mom spills the pepper. I say, "I think that's supposed to be bad luck."

Mom: Bad luck?
Me: Yeah. I think.
Mom: Then what am I supposed to do?
Me: Um. Throw some over your shoulder.

So she takes her napkin (i don't know why) and throws it over her shoulder and to the next table where there are other people sitting.

And I say "MOM." and she turns around and tries to reach over and get her napkin back and they're all kind of shocked and just staring and then she has to get up because her arm isn't long enough to get her napkin back. But in the end, it's only SALT that's unlucky. Pepper's just a spice. So Mother's safe.

-
Ah, Sweet Tomatoes.
Brings back lots of memories.

I used to think it was hilarious to leave the card on "I'll Be Ripe Back" instead of "See You Next Thyme" even though I was leaving.
-
Growing up, I was the Picky Eater of my family. So often times, whether I wanted to or not, I had to choose where we were going whenever we went out to eat.

And being the "cultural-cuisine enthusiast" that I am, I would always choose Sweet Tomatoes.
(it was the only place I knew) 
So, yea, we went there many times. 


But with my brother's growing-up-and-going-to-college and the rest of us just getting busy, it had been maybe even a year since the last time we went.

So when Mom and Dad asked me where we should go, I just felt the old tug inside me and said Sweet Tomatoes.


Now I had a lot of Memorable Moments there. Kind of like when you're tracking your growth on the wall. The first time I finished my first plate, the first time I covered my plate at the salad bar.

So this time, at the beginning, I got more than my mom. Maybe even as much as my dad. And I finished it all! Not sure if that's anything to be too proud of, considering that my little-girl metabolism is gone and I am basically on the verge of a food coma but 
here are some pictures I took in line



And to those of you that have outgrown Sweet Tomatoes which by the way I never will,
They have a new Frozen Yogurt machine.


In fact, now it's the Sundae Maker.
With flavors DREYER'S Vanilla, DREYER'S Dark Chocolate, and DREYER'S Swirl.


This was my frozen yogurt.


Unfortunately, their Condiments Counter is completely downgraded. There's about four choices you can ponder on only now. And somebody finished my Chocolate Chip Clusters. So I took the Cardboard-flavoured Granola.


Well, I had a satisfactory meal nevertheless. Very rich in terms of sentimental value.


And at the end, I left this.








Man, that waiter is going to be soooo confuseeeeed. :D
hehe...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top